• Original Concept: Philippa Wood
• Design & Production: Philippa Wood
• Illustrations: Jantze Tullett
• Format: 16pp with felt cover
• Size: 110x80mm
• Publisher: The Caseroom Press
• Publication Date: Spring 2011
• Price: £10
• Limited Edition: 11
• Available from: Please e-mail Philippa Wood regarding this item.
Designed and produced by Philippa Wood, with illustrations by Jantze Tullett, this small 16pp book, designed to replicate a needle-case, explores the contents of a sewing box that was inherited on the death of a family member. Pen and ink drawings are juxtaposed with short statements from the family who recall their memories of the sewing-box and its contents
The book combines ink-jet printing with typewritten text and rubber stamps; four of the edition includes fabric elements that are machine-stitched to the pages. Felt covers with button detail and fabric endpapers.