• Original Concept: Gordon Brennan & Barrie
• Artwork: Gordon Brennan, John Brown & Mike
• Texts: Jason Goodwin
• Polish Translations: Elzbieta Wojcik-Leese
• Design: Barrie Tullett
• Editors: Gordon Brennan & Ken Cockburn
• Format: Fold-over hardback cover enclosing 4
• softbound 16pp books
• Size: 210x297
• Publisher: The Caseroom Press
• Publication Date: December 2006
• Languages: English, Polish
• ISBN-13: 978-1905821 01 3
• Price: Sold Out
‘From here there were hills. Frown lines appeared on the maps from the effort of reading contours; crow’s feet, wrinkles; squiggly roads, zigzagging rivers. Geography squashed up close.’ (Jason Goodwin)
FlatPack/PlaskaPaczka is a book of component parts: journeys, sketches, photographs and notes; connections and associations; art and designs.
FlatPack/PlaskaPaczka can be read in a number of ways – as four separate books, as a series of larger narratives or as a random series of connections and statements.
FlatPack/PlaskaPaczka is an Artist Book, a catalogue and an exhibition that will be presented in Wroclaw (Poland) and Edinburgh (Scotland) in 2007.
FlatPack/PlaskaPaczka was made by an artistic team including:
Gordon Brennan, an internationally recognised artist and book-maker who teaches in the School of Drawing & Painting at Edinburgh College of Art;
Jason Goodwin, who is the award-winning author of On Foot to the Golden Horn: A Walk to Istanbul, and other travel books.
GOLD AWARD WINNER (TYPOGRAPHY):